A bunny and carrots cake is a great idea for either boy’s or girl’s birthday party, say for example for a farm birthday theme.
You can bake any cake your little one likes for the inside. I made a carrot cake to complement the whole bunny and carrot theme.
Below you will find all the details on how to make and decorate a carrot cake.
Here is the recipe for the carrot cake I used. It was so delicious. Kids loved it!
For the ingredients of this carrot cake you will need:
2 carrots (peel and grate)
1 cup self-raising flour
1/2 cup plain flour
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup oil
1/2 cup golden syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1. Preheat oven to 170°C.
2. Grease a 20cm (base) round cake pan lightly with oil, and line with non-stick baking paper.
3. Sift the flours, bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon into a large bowl.
4. Whisk the brown sugar, oil, golden syrup, eggs and vanilla in a separate bowl until combined.
5. Pour the oil mixture into the dry ingredients. Stir gently with a wooden spoon until just combined.
6. Stir in the grated carrot.
7. Pour the mixture into the pan and bake for 1 hour.
8. Set aside for 5 minutes, before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
To decorate your carrot cake to look awesome for your child’s birthday party you will need to make marshmallow fondant of white, orange, green and pink (for the bows, if needed) colours.
It is quite easy to make carrot and bunny fondant decorations. Just roll orange fondant into carrot shapes and stick some green leaves to the ends.
For the bunny, you only need to make the top of the body and the head.
Use your imagination and do it to the best of your ability. The most important is how much effort and love you put into it.
All the best!